Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Christmas in July

I was able to spend a bit of my morning talking to Angela and her kids over skype. The little ones kept asking if I was going to come over help them help their grandpa with the yard! Too sweet.

I spent the rest of the morning figuring out where to go to pay my rent for the next three months. I went to the manager's office, but was chastised by crazy real estate dude Jason saying why would I go to someplace like that? Where else am I going to go to? I was directed to a few more offices around the complex before they got back a hold of Jason who was able to translate for me that he would call the landlords and have them meet me at my place after work.

I went into work and planned for my afternoon class. We talked about the future and I showed a bit of Star Trek. It ended up being a good way to get some discussion out of the students! It's come in handy.

My Mom sent me a package full of lots of goodies. I opened it after work after the landlords stopped by. They were friendly and tested my Mandarin. They were disappointed at how little it is. I'm still working on my numbers.. Anyway, the package was awesome! I now how good coffee and some tea! Plus, lots of other great things! Thanks Mom!

1 comment:

  1. Great! We will send ours in a couple weeks...sort of "space out" your Christmas-s!

    ReplyDelete