Thursday, September 30, 2010

Pomegranates and Tofu Burgers

After one day of work, I begin five days off for National Day that is tomorrow. Every October 1st China celebrates the anniversary of it becoming the People's Republic of China. There are flags up everywhere and beautiful flower displays in front of many buildings.

Today, I taught two small star classes this evening that both went pretty smoothly, especially since there were not as many students because of the start of the holiday.

I had a late dinner with Cindy in one of the Hutong neighborhoods at the Vineyard Cafe that I have been to before. I had a tofu burger! It was the first tofu burger that I have seen in Beijing and it was delicious! I have also been excited lately because pomengrantes are in season here, and in China, I can afford to eat as many of them as I want! So awesome. They are not as red as the ones we buy at home, but they still taste the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment