Monday, August 16, 2010

Happy Chinese Valentine's Day!

Today is Chinese Valentine's Day. Cindy told me that there is an old Chinese story about an angel in heaven who falls in love with an earthling and the gods decide that she can spend one day with him a year. China has only really began to start celebrating the day about five years ago. Cindy told me it is mostly a commercial holiday, but I liked her story.

I taught my summer course this afternoon. We learned about different types of food and I had the students take turns being waiters/waitresses and customers. It lead to some giggles, but it was pretty fun.

We welcomed a new foreign teacher to our school today. His name is Ryan and he is from California. The Americans now rule the foreign teacher ranks at our school. I only talked to him for a few minutes but he seems really nice.

I taught two small star classes tonight. The violent one didn't hit anyone. He was still annoying, but I can put up with that.

Cindy and I went out and had some fruit tea at the restaurant across the street from our school. There were a lot of couples out celebrating Chinese Valentine's Day. It was nice to see.

2 comments: