Friday, August 27, 2010

First True EF Observation

I'm starting to think that the weather is beginning to shift a little bit. It still gets fairly warm during the day, usually in the high '80s, but that doesn't seem too hot to me anymore!

I had my first official EF observation today for my only class of the day. For about the first ten minutes of the class there was only one student so Laura decided it would be inappropriate for there to be an observation for just one student. Luckily, the three other students appeared ten minutes later and we were able to go on with the observation. I'll be able to have a talk with her on Monday about it. I'm excited to hear her feedback, good or bad. No one has watched me teach here yet, and it would be nice to know how it's going. Weirdly though, Laura is also learning how to give observations. On Monday, when we talk, she is going to be evaluated by her boss while she is talking to me.

Luckily, the students I taught this evening are super sweet and are excited to learn. It's a nice classroom environment to be teaching in.


2 comments:

  1. so glad you had a good "group" (eventually) for your observation...vs your "challenging" students. I am sure you are doing great and will receive a "stellar" evaluation. Our weather has likewise been more comfortable...70's...PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete