Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy Chinese Labor Day!





Happy Chinese Labor Day, everyone! I guess I'll get to celebrate labor day twice this year. Classes were canceled today and all the teachers got the day off!

I went shopping at Tinuyi or the plastic market today with Sabrina and her sister. It was pretty crowded because of the holiday and the sales. I came out of the crazy shopping center with two treasures, a pair of earrings and a panda wallet! We even had dumplings for lunch! It was a good day.

While I was walking back to the subway, I realized I was walking behind a man wearing an Oregon sweatshirt. I wonder if he he has ever been to Oregon before?

I realized today that I have exactly one month left in Beijing! I hope to fill it with lots of fun adventures, making sure I tell the people here how much I care and appreciate them, and helping my students transition successfully to their new teachers. I have a lot to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment