Thursday, May 19, 2011

Snow White

Yesterday, I had a fun day with my friend Wang Fei from Starfish. She invited me over to the new-to-her apartment that she is now living in before she leaves for school in Russia in the fall. We went to the market near her home and bought all the fixings for dumplings and made dumplings all morning! We bought pre-made dumpling dough though, and even though it looked a bit dry and old while we were cooking, they still tasted fabulous! Hopefully, I'll find some nifty International shop where I can buy pre-made dough in Portland.

Today was very busy at work. I'm trying to get everything sorted for my weekend classes. I'm mostly subbing for a teacher out on holiday while Aminata starts taking over some of my classes. I'm also going to be traveling to Beijing 1 on Sunday afternoon to teach a class there. Should be interesting.

In my last small star class of the evening, I learned that the students had learned that I was leaving. They weren't really asking about me going home, but they were really sweet to me. The girls kept saying I was a princess like Snow White! It was really cute.

2 comments:

  1. How sweet is that..."princess"! Interesting how they show their love and emotion with you. So precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really are so sweet. I like how they keep surprising me!

    ReplyDelete