Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Renmin University District

This evening I met up with my friend Stephanie in the Renmin University District. We ate dinner at a great restaurant that specialized in food from a Southern Province. It was so delicious. We had a few cold vegetable dishes and a big bowl of their famous noodles, tomatoes, peppers and onions dishes! So yummy! Of course, it was really lovely to catch up with Stephanie, too.

Then, we went out to walk around the shopping area, kind of like the Beijing equivalent of Eugene's 13th Avenue. We went exploring through the different shops and stands. It was a really warm night and a lot of students were out and about. I found it funny that their were a Subway, Dairy Queen and pizza places on the street just like in Eugene! Even in Beijing, college kids like what college kids like! I bought several sheets of stickers for my students and some trinkets to take home to my friends. it was a very fun evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment