Sunday, March 13, 2011

Penguins and Lotus Flowers

Today was a long day at work! Not only I was tired from a long day yesterday, but I had two small star hour and a half classes in a row this morning. It's a lot of small star madness in the morning. Plus, I have been struggling with one student who full participates in the first forty-five minutes and then just looses it completely in the last 30 minutes. Luckily, I only teach that class every other week, but it does not give me the gift of consistency...

We went out to dinner at a hot pot restaurant last night to celebrate Sue's birthday. Hot pot is so awesome. They place a boiling pot of water with tons of seasonings and vegetables in it and then you order as much vegetables, meat and noodles that you want. You place what you want in the boiling water and let it cook before eating it. It's a little messy, but really fun especially with a lot of people. We had to divide into two tables and it ended up with Laura and the boys at one table and the girls at the other bigger table. While the other table talked about serious worldly issues, we went around the table deciding which animal and flower we all most resemble. It was a lot of fun... The girls decided that I am a penguin and a lotus flower! We even got a cake with candles for Sue! It was a fun way to end a long weekend of classes.

2 comments:

  1. lol Penguins are pretty amazing (like you), as are lotus flowers. I think they nailed it pretty good :-) Again, I love how you write because I feel such excitement and adventure for you... ♥

    ReplyDelete