Sunday, March 20, 2011

Lama Temple, 798 Art District and La Bamba

Today was a busy day!

We spent the late morning and early afternoon at the Lama Temple. Annie enjoyed seeing the big, big Buddha made out of one piece of sandalwood! It still amazes me how so many people journey there to pray to Buddha. It really feels like you are in a holy place.

Then, we came back to my neighborhood to pick up some groceries. Annie was impressed with all of the fish swimming in tanks and the meat products on display that we normally don't get to see at home!

We then took a bus to the 798 Art District. It's located in a more industrial area of Beijing, but there are tons of little studios each displaying their own unique art. It's a great place to spend an afternoon.

Tonight, we met up with my friends Joyce and Stephanie at La Bamba Mexican restaurant. The gave us special "Ladies Cards" for reduced drinks. The ladies got to know each other very well! Joyce, Annie and I had an interesting taxi ride home with a taxi driver who didn't know our neighborhood. Annie showed Joyce and I both up as she lead the way home!

Tomorrow, we are going to be real tourists. We are taking a tour bus to visit the Great Wall and the Ming Tombs. It's going to be an adventure!

1 comment:

  1. Take lots of pictures around the Tombs for me. That was the place I really wanted to visit when I was in Beijing, but I never got the chance :-( I hope you both have a great time!

    ReplyDelete