Thursday, March 17, 2011

Annie!

My friend Annie arrived this evening for a nine day visit in Beijing with me. I am so happy and excited to have her here!

I had fun traveling to the airport to wait for her arrival. Her plane was about an hour late so I sat in a Starbucks to finish some school work while I waited for the "Arrival" sign to appear next to the her plane's number. There were a few planes flying in from Tokyo and I was wondering how many of those trips were planned before and how many were planned after last week's disaster.

Annie didn't have a problem getting through on the Beijing side and was in a chipper mood! I had decided to take a taxi home so she could at least see the city. She was pretty amazed at the haze. The pilot had told the passengers that they were in for clear evening... Lie! She, too, is freaked out about how crazy the traffic is, but also impressed with how there are so few accidents!

We stayed at my apartment just long enough to drop off Annie's bags and for her to e-mail her mom and change her facebook status!

I took Annie to dinner at the Lion's Den where I often have tea with Cindy and a few of the other girls from work often. We ordered way too much food, but it was fun having her try some new things. The waitress had brought Annie some meat dishes that she had ordered, but they had just not looked quite like the pictures. She attempted to eat what I thought was chicken feet. A few minutes later, the waitress told us it was for another table! Whoopsie! Annie didn't make it too much longer after dinner!

It's pretty awesome to have a good friend in town!


No comments:

Post a Comment