Monday, February 7, 2011

Po Woo- The Fifth Day




Today is the fifth day of the New Year, or Spring Festival. Today is the day where no one visits anyone and is suppose to stay at home and welcome the gods of wealth. If anyone does visit anyone then it will bring bad luck to both parties. Tomorrow, people can go back and visit their family and friends again.

Today, I stayed pretty close to home and didn't visit with anyone except for on the phone, so hopefully the gods of wealth will shine on me this new year. Actually, I'd just be happy with some more good job opportunities!

However, it may have been a quiet day for me and Pepper in the little studio, but outside is crazy with fireworks! They started at 7:30 AM and have not stopped! My Mom can attest, she heard them over our Skype conversation. Tonight, it has been so bad that I was scared to leave my apartment, worried that I would be blown up by fireworks. Fireworks have been hitting my windows! It's not so fun anymore. My Chinese friends say we have another week of this until the Lantern Festival day on the 14th. It's going to be a long week for my nerves.




3 comments:

  1. Do they have 9-1-1 in China, or is that closed down too? I was just wondering in case one of those fireworks ends up INSIDE your apartment? Guess you better keep a big bucket/container filled with water nearby,"just in case"? I guess we will never be able to complain about fireworks here in the states anymore, when you are around, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, I just want you to know that if it were ME dealing with those fireworks, I would CRAP my pants, cry, and stay in my bed in the fetal position until it stopped. I don't like fireworks that aren't part of a major public PLANNED display and it would give me SUCH anxiety to be there for all that! You are a brave woman, and I totally understand you being "done" with the whole thing! The force be with you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your concern, Sandra and Laura! Tonight has been so much quieter and I have appreciated it! The force is protecting me!

    ReplyDelete