Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Post Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day! I attempted to write a post yesterday, but my Internet was being so slow!

Valentine's Day is not a big thing in China. I only saw one display of Valentine's style flowers at a grocery store yesterday. China has it's own Valentine's Day in September. It was actually refreshing to not be bombarded with awful jewelry commercials and big store displays.

I didn't celebrate Valentine's Day at work, but I did bring in doughnuts to celebrate Oregon's birthday! I drew an awful map of the state with landmarks and put it up above the doughnuts. It cracked me up at least.

After classes last night, I went to have tea and some snacks with Cindy and Ray, one of the customer relations staff members to celebrate our singleness. We had a good time.

2 comments:

  1. Greetings from Finland. This blog is fun to explore, through other countries, people, culture and nature. Come take a look Teuvo pictures blog. And tell all your friends know why you should visit Teuvo pictures blog. Therefore, to obtain your country's flag to rise above the country's flag on my blog collection. Happy end of February. Teuvo Vehkalahti Finland

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) Woah there, Teuvo.
    2) Colleen- I love you for making your coworkers celebrate Oregon's birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete