Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Sign From Oregon

It was much warmer today in Beijing! I left my apartment all bundled up to be pleasantly surprised to not be completely frozen through once I first stepped outside. I could feel people being happier as I walked to the grocery store.

I met the new local teacher that is replacing my friend Stephanie who has decided to move on to a different school. Her name is Sue and I think she will fit in quite nicely. Everyone was being pretty silly today and in good moods in the teachers' office and we didn't frighten her away! Good sign.

I had two pretty decent small star classes tonight. In my second class, the one that calls me Coco, one of the little boys was wearing a Nike sweatshirt that had the University of Oregon crest on it and the word "Oregon' spread across it. This makes my third sighting of clothing from Oregon. The first was a Steve Prefontaine tee-shirt, the second was a Duck's hat that was given out at EF's fall conference, and the third was tonight's little sweatshirt!

Tonight on the treadmill at the gym I watched from the window as a restaurant across the street was having a Christmas party or something. Everyone was dressed up like Santa!

3 Full Beijing Days to Go!

2 comments: