Monday, October 4, 2010

Spa Day!

I went to a hot springs/spa/resort place today with a few friends from work. It was just north outside of Beijing. It was lovely to get a little bit outside of the city. The spa and hot springs resort is a place where people can go for the day or stay at their hotel. We each bought a day pass where we had access to all the hot springs and pools, saunas and a massage. They even gave us bright orange towels and robes to wear! It was lovely day outside roaming around the different hot springs and pools. Laura and I tried to go into a hot springs pool that was suppose to be good for your heart and circulation, but it smelled so awful, that we didn't last too long. We went to a few others that were lovely, though. The back massage was fantastic, too. They had a big Olympic size pool to swim laps in, which I was interested in, but I learned that you must wear a swimming cap in any public pool in Beijing, and I don't own one yet. We were able to stay there from 11 to 3. I would highly recommend it to any visitors in the Beijing area! We were able to catch a regular bus back to our neighborhood and ate a late lunch/early dinner at Papa John's pizza which was very yummy. Even after two showers, I still smell very herbal!

Tonight, I went out with a few other teachers to karaoke or KTV. There was only four of us, but we still rocked it for a few hours this evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment