Monday, April 11, 2011

Beijing 2

Today was my first day at my temporary school while our school is being remodeled! I met Cindy on the Subway and she showed me how to walk there. It's not very far from the subway which is awesome! Cindy told me that she likes this neighborhood more because she feels that people are really living in this area unlike in my neighborhood where it is more rich people. The Wang Fu Jing neighborhood does have a lot of life, tons of shops and mass amounts of people. I love it.

The big, big bosses of EF are in town inspecting the Beijing Schools this week. Beijing 2 is getting inspected tomorrow morning. We were lucky we just skidded by out of that madness!

I had lunch with Cindy, Miles and Laura at a big cafeteria food court. The food was really good and it was delightful company. Cindy was asking us about the difference between Western restaurants and Chinese restaurants. It was fun.

This afternoon, I prepared for a special VIP class that I will be teaching tomorrow afternoon and starting my research for our new student conduct code. We were also amazed about how quiet their center is and how organized it is! The teachers were so quiet getting ready for their classes to start in the evening! We are always yelling about who took the last Roddy puppet...where is the Orange Small Stars book... screaming at our craptastic copier and eating our dinners! I wouldn't trade that for their organized peace, but it's fun to see the different school cultures. They also have a lot more windows which I am totally envious of!

No comments:

Post a Comment