Friday, January 7, 2011

Captain's Log: A Quarter

Today marked eight months in Beijing (well with eight days in Portland). It made me realize that I only have a quarter left in my adventure here. I still have a lot to do. I've started to make a list:

1. Enjoy Spring Festival (Chinese New Year) as fully as possible. I plan on being decked out in red and will try not to complain about the cold as I watch the fireworks.
2. See some pandas! I want to plan a trip to the panda reservation.
3. Learn how to cook dumplings so I can make them at home.
4. Be able to have a short conversation with a storekeeper in Mandarin.
5. Visit the Summer Palace
6. See a flag raising ceremony.
7. Create a Black History Month theme for my two high school level classes for the month of February.
8. Create more intriguing lessons for my students at Starfish.
9. Continue to work hard at the gym. I have my first high school reunion this summer! Ahhh!
10. Finally, and most importantly, to try to stay as present as possible as I can even while I am trying to figure out what is next for me.

I have a lot to do in four months! I just have a feeling the these last four months are going to be the best and the quickest. First, I got to get to bed now. I have to be small star-tastic in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. A very noble list! Looks like it is "realistic" and acomplish-able (is that at word?) for you. Regarding #10...I would love to see GREECE...how about you?Continue your wonderful journey! See you in 4 months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sandra! I hope it is accomplishable!

    ReplyDelete